Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 6, 2008 - Mt. Hood Ski Bowl for the Lazy Biker

The ski lift takes you up the hill. I had 15 turns at a cost of $26. $20 was for the lift and $6 was for the park pass. There was $10.80 for a Cheese Burger with Fries and a 7-Up. On the way home I stopped at the trout pond to get a fish for dinner. The fish I caught were 16 inches and 10 inches at a cost of $11.50. (One lake has them up to 24 inches. There were 6 lakes and you fished in the lake that had the size you wanted to catch.) It was 120 miles round trip and I got 20 miles to the gallon - cost $22.38. That made it $70.68 for ever thing. It was a comparatively cheap day for all the fun.

I could have done more runs but I was not talking to anyone. The operator said it took me 15 minutes to go down the face and 20 minutes to go the road. The lift ride is included in that time. It started at 11:00 a.m. and went until 6:00 p.m. You do the math for that part. Well, OK, 28 minutes a run. The lift takes longer than the run. Yes, I talked a little and passed out my blog. I am still looking for the person who says they will not look at it. “Oh yea, I will look at it,” they say. When I look on the stats, no one has looked in weeks. I am starting to think they say that so I will get out of their life. It is still fun for me to do. I have had two different people say “I don’t want to look at your blog.” I like people who say what they want or think.

What makes you think I fell on the ride? Ok, so I fell one time just before I got on the lift. The next week end I fell two times - one coming down the hill, not going fast. I just could not make the turn on the loose rocks.

The trails are marked by .02 is easy and .09 is hard. You can rent bikes there. I don't know what they cost. The .09 is hard for me and I walked a lot of it. Some riders don’t even slow down. The .02 is the road most of the time.

I thought it was worth the money and I had a great time.

Now for the cheap people there is Timberline to Rhododendron by trail. It had hard and easy on it and I only fell two times. When I rode it this year, the bike stopped on a rock and I stepped over the bars and landed standing up. The second time it stopped and I just fell over and was lucky the rocks softened my fall. The trail from Timberline to Government Camp is called Glade (.09) and the trail from Government Camp to Rhododendron is the Highland Trail (.02 and .06). They call it hard. It took Robert and I two hours and 15 minutes to go about 15 miles. We did walk some of it, mostly the up part. There was very little down that we walked. There were three steep ups and if you were coming from the other way, they would be easy downs. Elevation: 6,000 feet to 3,000 feet (I think).

I hope you are having a fun day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home