Friday, July 04, 2003

July 4, 2003 Clatskanie to Astoria


We went Jet Skiing from Clatskanie to the big blue thing (ocean). Then we went and saw the fire works but it was hard to tell which was the show and which were private fireworks. There were so many fireworks; it went on for miles down the beach.

I am hurting a lot; can you tell in my writing? I took the 14 ft boat out and went crabbing early Sunday morning. I was able to get nine. Myran and Vellen put their jet skis in at Illwaco and went back out to the big blue thing. (mouth of the Columbia and in to the Pacific Ocean) The rollers were big. Let me Quote Myran by saying they spent a lot of time in the air. Ask them about it some time.

Well back to my boat ride up the river. I met Myran and Vellen coming in from the big blue thing and we took off for Astoria where my ride was waiting (jet ski). Then back on the jet skis and back to Clatskanie. It took two tanks of gas one way- a guess would be about 70 miles. The wind came up hard and the big waves were about six feet high. We hammered our way up the river and some times we would turn around and go against the wind. That is when we really got the air but not like in the big blue thing so I am told. Let me say I am sore, burned, and blistered. The blisters are on my hands from holding on. We did get out of the channel and ran just to rest.

It was a great Fourth. Yes, I am sore, sun burned feet and head. There is no dirt in my eyes and you can drink water without opening your mouth. (a quote from Myran) I was almost washed off three times by diving into the next wave. I was on the slow jet ski - 35 miles an hour. They could go 58 miles an hour.

There were a lot at the lot this year. Yes, we had a ball game.

Byran, Ilene, Vellen, Sharon, Amanda, Myran, Trina, Matt, Zida, Caleb, (no Turtle Ball), Matt’s brother Tim, his wife Tina, Ashley, Christopher, Jesse, and Tyler.

Memorial Day Weekend there was:
Byran, Ilene, Vellen, Sharon, Marci, Tim, Noah, Aaron, Zida, Matt, Caleb, (no Turtle Ball), Myran, Trina, Omar, Lori, Nathan, and Mia.

There was a good ball game (of course, the women won)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home