Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sept. 23, 2007 - A Peach of a Century
Salem, OR


It went like this - A ride through the country with rolling hills. Out here It is grass seed for lawns on the left and right, they had just burned it for weeds.

Wheel weights - six. I did not stop. Apples that looked so good but I didn't stop. Black Berries all over but I did not stop. A great view of the valley but I did not stop. Rest stop after 27 miles - I had to pee bad - a short break and back on the bike. 25 miles and lunch that was a half of a bagel with not a thing to put on it and an orange. I ate lots of bars that I brought. 35 miles and another rest stop. There was more food at the rest stops than for lunch. We did see a Camel, zebra and a kangaroo on the last 15 mile in to the end. This was a very hard ride to push it all day. 7 hours and 52 minutes of ride time. They were taking things down as we road in. It was a peach ride but I got apple pie because that was all that was left. I hurt so bad - not a lot of fun. I like riding with my biking buddies a lot more. This was a very different ride from what I am used to.

We looked for coffee on the way home and ended up with Starbucks in a glass jar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home